Visualize a residential design from 2D plans and elevations. My goal was to enable the architect and clients to be understand the scale and materiality of hte exterior of his project.
1. Build base model from 2D CAD drawings.
2. Apply materials, create site context.
3. Transfer model to Blender, add tree imagery, and humans.
4. Setup post-process workflow for batch rendering.
5. Revise model to have pitched roofs and alternate materiality.
What I learned
After the first batch of the renders everyone was excited to share their feedback and iterate on the design before construction. Showing materials, lighting, and scale in a realistic context can really allow designers to better modify designs for the real world.
Check out my other 3D models.
Let's build together.
values of a good partnership:
SET GOALS EARLY
KEEP IT SIMPLE.