1. Meet with clients, discuss strange nature of awards and how to reclaim the object and make it more meaningful.
2. Discuss the individuals receiving the awards, their efforts, and their narratives.
3. Doodle obsessively, wonder how the award could be useful.
3. Realize bookends are optimal place for such objects.
4. Narrow down materials: Plexiglass, string, wood, plastic.
5. Generate dimensions and assembly drawings.
6. Work with builders to realize final objects.
Digital fabrication is incredibly useful, but not always the optimal choice for assembling intricate pieces. Tables saws, hand tools, and the human hand are capable of so much.